2020 B Performance Ultegra MixFelt
The B is one of the most legendary badges in triathlon history, and has long reigned as a symbol of the blood, sweat, and tears shed by the most devoted triathletes, as well as the dedication put into every single one of our bikes. Whether you're just starting on your journey into the world of triathlon or you're a multi-sport veteran, the B | Performance race bike is for you.
Buy it if:
You want a carbon bike designed exclusively for triathlon, and one that perfectly blends endless fit adjustability, real-world usability, and the aerodynamic efficiency for which all Felt bikes are renowned.
Don't Buy it if:
You are looking for the most aerodynamic bike that Felt has ever produced.
- Carbon fiber frame and fork
- Aerodynamically optimized design
- Exceptional handling and fit customization
Upgrades over the DA triathlon/time trial frame kit:
- Designed exclusively for triathlon racing
- Complete bike featuring Shimano components
Triathlon is unlike any other form of racing on earth, and it presents some of the most unique equipment demands anywhere in the sporting world. The best triathlon bikes must be fast, of course. But they must also be able to elevate the biomechanical performance of their riders in between a grueling swim leg and a soul-shattering run effort. Our very first bike was made for one of the greatest triathletes in history, Paula Newby-Fraser, and she rode her stealth black Felt B2 to multiple world championship victories. We've never stopped pursuing the ideal triathlon racing machine, and we're proud to present the latest iteration of that legendary bike, the B | Performance.
Not all carbon fiber race bikes are created equal. Sure, there are countless types, grades, and qualities of carbon fiber used in the bicycle industry. But just like how the finest food ingredients demand the skills of a chef to yield a truly exquisite meal, bicycle frame materials require engineering expertise to produce a truly great bicycle. In fact, many of our engineers would say that our Performance-level carbon bikes like the B presented the most complex engineering challenges of our entire product line. That's because when you consider the no-holds-barred, experimental approach to creating, say, the top-of-the-line IA FRD Disc triathlon bike, no expense was spared in terms of materials and development time, all in the name of creating the most aerodynamically efficient bike on the planet.
But our mission at Felt is to enable everyone to fully realize all of the joy, wonder, and self-discovery that pedaling brings to the human experience, no matter one's budget. So when it came time to develop the latest B | Performance bike, our engineers remained undaunted in the face of the challenge of adapting the innovation, technology, and performance of the award-winning IA line into a new package. Certainly, many performance-oriented features would have to be scrapped for the B, right? Actually, it turns out that, no, not really.
The B | Performance takes its design cues from the IA, as well as the legendary DA frame kit, which has been ridden to several triathlon world championships and countless international accolades in road bike time trials. These include an aerodynamically optimized, oversized downtube and seat tube, with each sporting unique wheel cutouts to further improve aero efficiency while ensuring a refined geometry for a stable ride quality and precise handling. The bike's incredible level of fit adjustability is made possible by the use of a standard road-style stem paired with our famous Bayonet basebar, as well as a unique angled carbon seatpost. This means that every triathlete will be able to find his or her most comfortable and powerful riding position. The seatpost is topped with a Prologo Nago Evo saddle, perfect for long training days and full-distance races.
A great triathlon racing frame demands reliable and intuitive components. That's why we curated a selection of drivetrain components from legendary partsmaker Shimano for the B | Performance. These include the Japanese brand's famed Ultegra-level front and rear derailleurs, along with Shimano's 105-level crankset, which sports a mid-compact 52/36 chainring combination. Paired with a Shimano cassette with an 11-28-tooth spread, the B | Performance offers the ideal range of gears for maximizing your momentum across any racecourse. The B | Performance can also accommodate nearly any hydration system on the market-including seatpost-mount bottle cages and cockpit-affixed bottle solutions-giving you all of the freedom to dial-in your preferred training or race day setup.
The B | Performance showcases all of the elements that set Felt triathlon bikes apart from the competition, not the least of which is aerodynamic efficiency. An endlessly adjustable fit and an incredible ride quality with lossless pedaling power transfer make it a fantastic choice for any racecourse or distance. It's a dream race bike without the dream bike price tag.
- Felt Aero TT/Tri UHC Performance carbon fiber, MMC with InsideOut construction, 68mm BSA threaded bottom bracket shell, horizontal dropouts with integrated dropout adjusters, internal mechanical or electronic cable routing
- Felt Aero TT/Tri UHC Performance carbon fiber blades and dropouts, 1.125 aluminum steerer tube"
- FSA integrated sealed cartridge bearing with Felt VariableHeight Cone Spacers (20mm PC, 4.5mm aluminum), Felt top cap, IS-21, 1.125";Stem=Devox Tri, ±
- Devox Bayonet 3.1 base bar with Devox Ergomod extensions, -31.8mm, 48 - 51cm: 390mm, 54 - 58cm: 420mm
- Bar Tape:
- Devox Gel tape and new EVA arm pads with anti-microbial cover
- microSHIFT TT 11-speed
- Front Derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra R8000 braze-on
- Rear Derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra R8000 11-speed short cage
- Shimano 105 R7000, 52/36T, 48 -51cm: 165mm, 54 -56cm: 170mm, 58cm: 172.5mm
- Bottom Bracket:
- Shimano Hollowtech BSA threaded
- Shimano 11-speed
- Shimano 11-speed, 11-28T
- Brake Levers:
- Aero TT/Tri
- Brake (Front):
- Shimano 105 R7000 dual pivot caliper
- Brake (Rear):
- TRP T822 TT direct mount caliper brake
- Prologo Nago Evo Tri40 T2.0
- Felt DA/B Aero UHC Advanced carbon fiber, 350mm length
- Seatpost Clamp:
- Felt Aero Integrated DA/B
- Rims / Wheelset:
- Devox 30A, tubeless compatible, 17mm width, 27mm depth
- Front Hub:
- Devox TTR4, 100mm QR, 24H
- Rear Hub:
- Devox TTR3, sealed cartridge bearing, 11-speed, 130mm QR, 28H
- 2.0mm stainless steel
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick folding, 700 x 23c, 47cm: Vittoria Rubino G+, 650 x 23c
- Carbon assembly paste
- Finish (Accent):
- Matte Obsidian Grey (Aquafresh)
- 19.4 lb, 8.82 kg