2023 Enve SES 7.8 Carbon Fiber Wheelset
ANY ROAD, ANY TIME
The ENVE 45 is a modern multi-purpose road wheel in every way. Riders with inclinations toward racing and hard solo efforts will find the rim’s drag-taming, and cross-wind defying shape a welcome upgrade to their rides. Those with inclinations towards the road lost and forgotten will find the rim’s width and anti-pinch flat technology complementary to higher volume tubeless road tires. All said, the ENVE 45 is everything that the dynamic modern road rider needs, and nothing that they don’t.
Features & Benefits:
Built upon over a decade of carbon wheel crafting experience, the Foundation 45 brings our knowledge and technology to the masses. Blended aero properties, tubeless compatibility, and pinch flat protection for the rider looking to test the waters on carbon wheel performance. ENVE Worthy, and priced to provide the foundation for confident riding through performance crafted carbon in the US.
Wind-Tunnel Tested, Real-World Proven
Aerodynamics are an unalienable right for road cyclists and triathletes that allows for greater efficiency and confidence inspiring handling, regardless of wind conditions. With more than a decade’s experience in developing some of the world’s fastest wheels, we are uniquely qualified to deliver best-in-class aerodynamics to the Foundation customer.
Like our SES wheel family, the Foundation Collection and its ENVE 45 were tested and developed at the Mercedes Benz Formula One wind-tunnel to deliver best-in-class real world aero performance. Unlike other wheel brands who only test isolated wheels at elite speeds of 30mph/48kph, ENVE develops and tests wheels in-frame at multiple speeds ranging from 20mph/32kph to 30mph/48kph. This testing, while more time consuming and expensive, ensures that the ENVE 45 delivers performance advantages to riders of all abilities.
Roll Fast, Flat Less
Tubeless is the future and the future is now. The benefits of road tubeless are as follows:
• Lower rolling resistance – By eliminating the inner-tube, the friction between tire and tube is also eliminated, allowing the tire roll, flex, and conform to the road with greater efficiency.
• Flat less, ride more – Flat tires are a buzz-kill. With a little sealant you can eliminate nearly all flats that would have been caused by an intrusive thorn or piece of debris.
• Run the Best Pressure – Tubeless means you can run the pressure you want to maximize comfort, traction, and rolling efficiency.
• Hookless/Straight-Sidewall Design -Tubeless performance depends on the tire maintaining a light press-fit with the rim on the bead seat diameter. ENVE chooses a hookless tubeless rim profile as it allows the rim’s critical tolerance at the bead seat diameter to be both consistent and accurate. In short, hookless is chosen to deliver a more safe, reliable, and ultimately proper tire fitment.
The ENVE 45 is optimized for use with tubeless tires greater than 25mm wide.
Pot-Hole and Impact Protection
Potholes and unforeseen impacts are part of life, but that doesn’t mean they need to ruin your ride. The ENVE 45 features ENVE’s patent pending Wide Hookless Bead which is a design element at the leading edge of the rim that dissipates impact energy and reduces the likelihood of pinch flatting your tubed or tubeless tire.
ENVE’s patented process of molding spoke and valve stem holes results in rims that are stronger and lighter. Because carbon fiber gets its strength from continuous fibers, ENVE routes the fibers around the hole without cutting them, increasing the strength of each spoke hole. This technique pays large dividends in the final product by allowing for a lighter spoke face while improving rim strength. Because of this process, our spoke holes are capable of maintaining higher spoke tensions, greatly reducing the risk of spoke pull-through and the need to constantly true your wheels. Strong, light and maintenance free.
More Speed, Less Maintenance
Utilizing ENVE’s core hub technologies the Foundation Road Hub delivers a high performance, maintenance-free ride experience.
• Flange spacing and hub shell geometry designed to maximize performance metrics such as wheel and drive stiffness
• ID360 40t drive mechanism delivers efficient and responsive power transmission
• Maintenance free premium full contact sealed NTN steel bearings
• Perfect Preload ™
It’s no secret that we at ENVE are proud of our U.S. based manufacturing capabilities. Like all our rims, the Foundation Collection and its ENVE 45 are handmade and assembled in our Ogden, Utah based, state-of-the-art carbon wheel manufacturing facility.