For all you riders that are unsure about dropper seat posts, or are sick of the ones on your bike not working, we bring you our most affordable dropper. The Ridge boasts the PNW promise of reliability while passing on savings in a cost conscious package.
- Material Matters
We made conscious design decisions to ensure we could offer this product at an entry level price without sacrificing consistency. While it may be a bit beefier than our other posts, you'll get the same reliability on the trail.
- Reliable Sealed Air Cartridge
The Ridge rocks a sealed air cartridge, this simple design makes it reliable for the many miles to come and once you do get around to having to service it, it's a simple at home process.
EXTERNAL VS. INTERNAL CABLE ROUTING
The Ridge is an internally routed dropper post, which means the cable will run through internal ports in your frame (not sure what this means? No worries - read on). Determining what cable routing is compatible with your bike is the first step in picking dropper post compatibility.
STEPS TO QUICKLY DETERMINE ROUTING STYLE
- Does your bike currently have a dropper? If so, is the cable running through the inside of the frame (internal routing) or is it secured along the outside of your frame (external)?
- What’s the age of your bike? Internal routing started around 2014 on high end mountain bikes and became more common on bikes after 2016 - if your bike is older than that it most likely is only compatible with external routing.
- Got a newer bike? Look for internal cable ports that would send the cable housing up the seat tube to the bottom of the post. Common spots for a port are towards the bottom of the seat tube, near the bottom bracket or possibly up near the head tube where your other internally routed cables enter.
- Routing Method:
- 30.9mm| 31.6mm
- Seatpost Material:
- 7075 Alloy
- Lever Compatibility:
- Compatible with all PNW levers and most cable actuated levers from other brands.
- 125mm (590g)