2021 SCOTT Contessa Genius 920 BikeSCOTT
- Genius Alloy SL Frame
- Marzocchi Z2 Air 150mm
- X-Fusion Nude, TwinLoc, 150mm
- SRAM NX-SX Eagle 12 Speed
- Shimano Disc Brakes
- Syncros X-30 TR Rims
- Maxxis Kevlar Tires
- Syncros Dropper Post and Parts
- TwinLoc Suspension System
With TwinLoc, a rider can effectively control the complete frame, fork, and shock as a system. Why does this matter? A bike with 150mm of suspension travel, correctly set up, has more sag than a bike with 130mm. It's that extra travel that makes it more fun to ride and more capable on the descents, but the greater sag has an oversized effect on the bike's geometry and climbing performance. That's where TwinLoc matters.
TwinLoc helps manage the sag effect in several ways. Whereas most systems only increase low-speed compression in an effort to gain pedaling efficiency, TwinLoc allows us to not only change compression damping, but also to change the spring curve, dynamically altering the geometry of the bike. In Trail mode, the shock is not only firmer, but it has dynamically less travel. The bike sits higher, maintains a steep seat angle for those climbs, and becomes more agile. We also offer a third, full lockout mode for going up in the most efficient manner possible.
These unique settings optimize climbing geometry, even on longer travel bikes. We can eliminate the "long travel effect" that can rob your pedaling efficiency, but we're not robbing you of the full-fun, 150mm travel when you point it downhill. From a race setting, to a lunch ride, to an after work trail shred, being able to switch from mode to mode depending on a trails profile at the push of a lever is paramount to riding faster and having a damned good time.
- One Frame, Two Wheel Sizes
With our mountain bikes, we try to achieve ultimate versatility. These specific models can switch from 27.5" to 29" or from 24" to 26" wheels with nothing more than the flip of a chip. No need to change the fork, all you need to do is flip a shock mount chip, change your wheels and off you go. The flip chip allows us to maintain a similar BB height when switching from one wheel size to the other which is key to keeping handling similar for both wheel sizes.
- Genius Trail Geometry
The Genius has always been a bike designed to go up as well as it went down, and vice a versa. We designed the Genius specifically in search of balance. Compared to the previous iteration, this one is slacker, has longer reach, shorter chainstays and a steeper seat angle. We really wanted geometry figures that would balance out the long front end for more stable descending. What we've ended up with is a bike that climbs like a bat out of hell and gets you down the mountain faster than you can say "dropping!" After years of testing different options, these numbers are a result of taking everything we want out of a bike for the trails we ride, and building it.
- Virtual 4Link Design
Our suspension kinematic brings perfect balance and control to the platform. Using our Virtual Four Link design, we have honed our suspension feel, pedaling and braking response to work with maximum efficiency and in harmony with our TwinLoc Suspension System. Our kinematic suspension curve gives supple small bump sensitivity and therefore exceptional traction characteristics, perfect support in the mid-stroke and a controlled deep stroke for predictable and comfortable bottom outs. Specific pivot placements ensures efficient pedaling that drives the bike forwards like a startled greyhound and neutral braking that strikes a perfect balance between rider comfort and control, chassis stability and rear wheel traction. From the XC racer, to the downhill enthusiast, the kinematic brings improvements and advantages in all areas and gives a solid fundamental basis for a bike for all riders and all conditions.
- Light Suspension Tuning
When you see that one of our bikes has a light tuned suspension you know that this bike will come with suspension optimized for lightweight riders. We worked together with our suspension partners to ensure your fork and shock perform at the highest level, no matter your size.
- Genius Alloy SL 6011 Custom butted / VLK Virtual 4 Link kinematic 27.5 (2.6 & 2.8) and 29" (2.4 & 2.6) tire compatible with Geo -BB adj. TBC Trunnion box construction / Boost 12x148mm"
- Marzocchi Z2 Air Rail 3 3-Modes / 15x110mm QR axle / tapered steerer 44mm offset / Reb. Adj. / Lockout / 150mm travel
- Rear Shock:
- X-Fusion NUDE Trunnion SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj. 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control-Descend Reb. Adj. Travel 150-100-Lockout / 185X55mm
- Remote System:
- SCOTT TwinLoc TSP Technology Suspension-Seatpost Remote below Bar / 3 modes / integ. Grip clamp
- Rear Derailleur:
- SRAM NX / Eagle 12 Speed
- SRAM SX Eagle Trigger
- SRAM SX Eagle DUB Boost 30T
- SRAM DUB PF integrated / shell 41x92mm
- SRAM CN NX Eagle
- SRAM SX-PG1210 / 11-50 T
- Shimano MT201 Disc
- Shimano SM-RT30 CL / 203/F and 180/R
- Syncros Hixon 2.0 / Alloy 6061D.B. 12mm rise / 9° / 780mm Syncros Pro lock-on grips
- Syncros FL2.0 / 6061 Alloy 6° / integrated Top Cap / 31.8mm / 1 1/8";Seatpost=Syncros Duncan Dropper Post 31.6mm / S size 100mm / M size 130mm / L size 150mm"
- Syncros Savona 2.5 (V-Concept) Channel
- Syncros Pro Press Fit E2 / Tapered 1.5-1 1/8" OD 50/62mm / ID 44/56mm"
- Hub (Front):
- Formula CL-811 / 15x110mm
- Hub (Rear):
- Formula CL-148S / Boost 12x148mm
- Stainless Black 15G / 1.8mm
- Syncros X-30 / 32H / 30mm Tubeless ready
- Front Tire:
- Maxxis Dissector / 2.6 / 60TPI Kevlar Bead Tubeless Ready / EXO"
- Rear Tire:
- Maxxis Rekon / 2.6 / 60TPI Kevlar Bead Tubeless Ready / EXO"
- Approx weights in KG:
- Approx weights in LBS:
- Max. System Weight:
- 128 kg The overall weight includes the bike the rider the equipment and possible additional luggage.