2021 SCOTT Genius 920 BikeSCOTT
- Genius Carbon HMF-Alloy Frame
- FOX 36 Float Perf. Elite 150mm
- FOX Nude TR EVOL, TwinLoc, 150mm
- Shimano XT 12 Speed
- Shimano XT 4 Piston Disc Brakes
- Syncros Revelstoke 2.0 TR Wheels
- Maxxis Kevlar Tires
- FOX Dropper Post, Syncros Parts
- Evo-Lap technology
With the proper selection of materials, eighty percent of the work to create a frame is done. But the remaining twenty percent requires most of our efforts. For this reason, our choice of the most advanced carbon fibers in the market is followed by intensive use of specific tools, like FEA (finite element analysis) software, to map out the carbon lay-up.
With FEA software, we can simulate different forces on a virtual model of the frame and adjust the frame construction accordingly. FEA software enables us to create complete virtual prototypes incorporating all the physical phenomena that exist in real-world environments.
With our Evo-Lap technology we model the frame to optimize the surface area, simulate tube structures with different ply orientations, observe the results of using different configurations, and test the stress distribution in different areas of the frame. Thanks to this extensive computer modeling, weve optimized the carbon layers in all the parts of our frame. When the parts were bonded together in the first prototypes, the result was a super light and compact frame without sacrificing the stiffness, comfort or impact resistance. The entire range benefitted from our Evo-Lap technology.
- Axle tool
Working together with DT Swiss, we completely revisited the shape of the thru-axle lever to make it more ergonomic and to perfectly fit to ourframe. Additionally we introduce a new multifunctional tool integrated on the inner part of the thru-axle itself. This 25T torx wrench is easy to reach and ready to be used for quick adjustments on the trails.
- TwinLoc Suspension System
With TwinLoc, a rider can effectively control the complete frame, fork, and shock as a system. Why does this matter? A bike with 150mm of suspension travel, correctly set up, has more sag than a bike with 130mm. It's that extra travel that makes it more fun to ride and more capable on the descents, but the greater sag has an oversized effect on the bike's geometry and climbing performance. That's where TwinLoc matters.
TwinLoc helps manage the sag effect in several ways. Whereas most systems only increase low-speed compression in an effort to gain pedaling efficiency, TwinLoc allows us to not only change compression damping, but also to change the spring curve, dynamically altering the geometry of the bike. In Trail mode, the shock is not only firmer, but it has dynamically less travel. The bike sits higher, maintains a steep seat angle for those climbs, and becomes more agile. We also offer a third, full lockout mode for going up in the most efficient manner possible.
These unique settings optimize climbing geometry, even on longer travel bikes. We can eliminate the "long travel effect" that can rob your pedaling efficiency, but we're not robbing you of the full-fun, 150mm travel when you point it downhill. From a race setting, to a lunch ride, to an after work trail shred, being able to switch from mode to mode depending on a trails profile at the push of a lever is paramount to riding faster and having a damned good time.
- Fox Nude TR Shock
On several Ransom and Genius models, you'll find the all new FOX NUDE TR EVOL. What the TR allows you to do is to select what sort of progression you would like in Descend mode: more linear, or more progressive. By flipping the Ramp Adjust Lever, you can decide how your shock behaves while descending.
A more linear shock gives a rider the same amount of support throughout a shock's travel. The suspension is supple throughout, and is "easier" to reach the end of the travel, or "bottom out." A more progressive shock will offer more support towards the end of travel, and is harder to bottom out. These settings are really linked to riding speed. When it is wet, techy, or when impacts are small and riding tends to be slower, one might favor the more linear setting. When the conditions are dry and fast, or when bigger impacts are in play (jumps for instance), then the progressive mode is ideal. With the NUDE TR Evol, choosing and changing is easy.
- One Frame, Two Wheel Sizes
With our mountain bikes, we try to achieve ultimate versatility. These specific models can switch from 27.5" to 29" or from 24" to 26" wheels with nothing more than the flip of a chip. No need to change the fork, all you need to do is flip a shock mount chip, change your wheels and off you go. The flip chip allows us to maintain a similar BB height when switching from one wheel size to the other which is key to keeping handling similar for both wheel sizes.
- Genius Trail Geometry
The Genius has always been a bike designed to go up as well as it went down, and vice a versa. We designed the Genius specifically in search of balance. Compared to the previous iteration, this one is slacker, has longer reach, shorter chainstays and a steeper seat angle. We really wanted geometry figures that would balance out the long front end for more stable descending. What we've ended up with is a bike that climbs like a bat out of hell and gets you down the mountain faster than you can say "dropping!" After years of testing different options, these numbers are a result of taking everything we want out of a bike for the trails we ride, and building it.
- Virtual 4Link Design
Our suspension kinematic brings perfect balance and control to the platform. Using our Virtual Four Link design, we have honed our suspension feel, pedaling and braking response to work with maximum efficiency and in harmony with our TwinLoc Suspension System. Our kinematic suspension curve gives supple small bump sensitivity and therefore exceptional traction characteristics, perfect support in the mid-stroke and a controlled deep stroke for predictable and comfortable bottom outs. Specific pivot placements ensures efficient pedaling that drives the bike forwards like a startled greyhound and neutral braking that strikes a perfect balance between rider comfort and control, chassis stability and rear wheel traction. From the XC racer, to the downhill enthusiast, the kinematic brings improvements and advantages in all areas and gives a solid fundamental basis for a bike for all riders and all conditions.
- Genius Carbon / IMP Technology / HMF Main Frame BB92 / Alloy SL 6011 swingarm VLK Virtual 4 Link kinematic 27.5 (2.6 & 2.8) and 29" (2.4 & 2.6) tire compatible with Geo -BB adj. SW dropouts for Boost 12x148mm TBC Trunnion box construction"
- FOX 36 Float Performance Elite Air FIT4 3-Modes with low Speed adj. / Kabolt 15x110mm axle 44mm offset / tapered steerer / Reb. Adj. / Lockout 150mm travel
- Rear Shock:
- FOX NUDE TR EVOL Trunnion SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj. 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control-Descend custom Ramp Adjust with linear and progressive setting DPS / Reb. Adj. Travel 150-100-Lockout / 185X55mm
- Remote System:
- SCOTT TwinLoc TSP Technology Suspension-Seatpost Remote below Bar / 3 modes / integ. Grip clamp
- Rear Derailleur:
- Shimano XT RD-M8100 SGS Shadow Plus / 12 Speed
- Shimano XT SL-M8100-IR / Rapidfire Plus Ispec EV clamp
- Shimano XT FC-M8100-1 / Hollowtech 2 32T
- SCOTT custom
- Shimano SM-BB71-41A / shell 41x92mm
- Shimano SLX CN-M7100
- Shimano XT CS-M8100-12 / 10-51 T
- Shimano XT M8120 4 Piston Disc
- Shimano SM-RT66 / 6 Bolt / 203/F and 180/R
- Syncros Hixon 1.5 / Alloy 7050D.B. 12mm rise / 9° / 780mm Syncros Pro lock-on grips
- Syncros FL1.5 / Alloy 2014 integrated Spacer & Top Cap / 31.8mm / 6° / 1 1/8";Seatpost=FOX Transfer Performance Elite Dropper Post 31.6mm / S size 125mm / M & L size 150mm / XL size 175mm"
- Syncros Tofino 2.0 Regular CRMO rails
- Syncros Pro Press Fit E2 / Tapered 1.5-1 1/8" OD 50/62mm / ID 44/56mm"
- Syncros Revelstoke 2.0 6 Bolt F: 15x110mm, R: 12x148mm Boost 30mm Tubeless ready rim 28H / Micro Spline Syncros Axle w/Removable Lever with Tool
- Front Tire:
- Maxxis Dissector / 2.6 / 60TPI Kevlar Bead Tubeless Ready / EXO 3C maxx Terra"
- Rear Tire:
- Maxxis Rekon / 2.6 / 60TPI Kevlar Bead Tubeless Ready / EXO 3C maxx Terra"
- Fox 36 Fender
- Approx weights in KG:
- Approx weights in LBS:
- Max. System Weight:
- 128 kg The overall weight includes the bike the rider the equipment and possible additional luggage.