2022 Scott Contessa Genius 910 BikeSCOTT
- Genius Carbon HMF-Alloy Frame
- FOX 36 Float Rhythm 150mm Fork
- FOX Float, TwinLoc, 150mm
- SRAM NX-X1Eagle 12 Speed
- Shimano 4 Piston Disc Brakes
- Syncros X-30S TR Rims
- Maxxis Kevlar Tires
- Syncros Dropper Post and Parts
The Contessa Genius is a mountain bike that was put on this earth to get you up mountains with ease and to get you back down them in a flash. The Contessa Genius 910 features our TwinLoc Suspension System to always optimize your ride. With a SRAM Eagle 12-speed drivetrain and Syncros components, the Contessa Genius 910 is action ready. Any Trail. Any Time.
With the proper selection of materials, eighty percent of the work to create a frame is done. But the remaining twenty percent requires most of our efforts. For this reason, our choice of the most advanced carbon fibers in the market is followed by intensive use of specific tools, like FEA (finite element analysis) software, to map out the carbon lay-up.
With FEA software, we can simulate different forces on a virtual model of the frame and adjust the frame construction accordingly. FEA software enables us to create complete virtual prototypes incorporating all the physical phenomena that exist in real-world environments.
With our Evo-Lap technology we model the frame to optimize the surface area, simulate tube structures with different ply orientations, observe the results of using different configurations, and test the stress distribution in different areas of the frame. Thanks to this extensive computer modeling, weve optimized the carbon layers in all the parts of our frame. When the parts were bonded together in the first prototypes, the result was a super light and compact frame without sacrificing the stiffness, comfort or impact resistance. The entire range benefitted from our Evo-Lap technology.
GENIUS TRAIL GEOMETRY
The Genius has always been a bike designed to go up as well as it went down, and vice a versa. We designed the Genius specifically in search of balance. Compared to the previous iteration, this one is slacker, has longer reach, shorter chainstays and a steeper seat angle. We really wanted geometry figures that would balance out the long front end for more stable descending. What we've ended up with is a bike that climbs like a bat out of hell and gets you down the mountain faster than you can say "dropping!" After years of testing different options, these numbers are a result of taking everything we want out of a bike for the trails we ride, and building it.
VIRTUAL 4LINK DESIGN
Our suspension kinematic brings perfect balance and control to the platform. Using our Virtual Four Link design, we have honed our suspension feel, pedaling and braking response to work with maximum efficiency and in harmony with our TwinLoc Suspension System. Our kinematic suspension curve gives supple small bump sensitivity and therefore exceptional traction characteristics, perfect support in the mid-stroke and a controlled deep stroke for predictable and comfortable bottom outs. Specific pivot placements ensures efficient pedaling that drives the bike forwards like a startled greyhound and neutral braking that strikes a perfect balance between rider comfort and control, chassis stability and rear wheel traction. From the XC racer, to the downhill enthusiast, the kinematic brings improvements and advantages in all areas and gives a solid fundamental basis for a bike for all riders and all conditions.
ONE FRAME, TWO WHEEL SIZES
With our mountain bikes, we try to achieve ultimate versatility. These specific models can switch from 27.5" to 29" or from 24" to 26" wheels with nothing more than the flip of a chip. No need to change the fork, all you need to do is flip a shock mount chip, change your wheels and off you go. The flip chip allows us to maintain a similar BB height when switching from one wheel size to the other which is key to keeping handling similar for both wheel sizes.
- Genius Carbon / IMP Technology / HMF Main Frame/BB92 / Alloy SL 6011 swingarm/VLK Virtual 4 Link kinematic/27.5 (2.6 &
- FOX 36 Float Rhythm Air Grip 3/3-Modes / 15x110mm QR axle / tapered steerer/44mm offset / Reb. Adj. / Lockout / 150mm travel
- Rear Shock:
- FOX Float EVOL Performace Trunnion/3 modes / Lockout-Trail-Descend/DPS / Reb. Adj./Travel 150mm / 185X55mm / Contessa Custom Tune
- Remote System:
- SCOTT TwinLoc TSP/Suspension-Seatpost Remote/below Bar / 3 modes / integ. Grip clamp
- Rear Derailleur:
- SRAM NX / Eagle 12 Speed
- SRAM SX Eagle Trigger
- SRAM X1 Eagle DUB Boost/30T
- SCOTT custom
- SRAM DUB PF integrated / shell 41x92mm
- SRAM CN NX Eagle
- SRAM SX-PG1210 / 11-50 T
- Shimano MT520 4 Piston Disc
- Shimano SM-RT64 CL / 203/F and 180/R
- Syncros Hixon 2.0 / Alloy 6061D.B./12mm rise / 9° / 780mm/Syncros Pro lock-on grips
- Syncros FL2.0 / 6061 Alloy/6° / integrated Top Cap / 31.8mm / 1 1/8";Seatpost=Syncros Duncan Dropper Post 2.5/31.6mm / S size 100mm / M size 125mm / L size 150mm"
- Syncros Savona 2.0 (V-Concept) Channel
- Syncros Pro Press Fit E2 / Tapered 1.5-1 1/8"/OD 50/62mm / ID 44/56mm"
- Hub (Front):
- Formula CL-811 / 15x110mm
- Hub (Rear):
- Formula CL-148S / Boost 12x148mm
- Stainless Black 15G / 1.8mm
- Syncros X-30S / 32H / 30mm / Sleeve Joint/Tubeless ready
- Front Tire:
- Maxxis Dissector / 2.6 / 60TPI Kevlar Bead/Tubeless Ready / EXO"
- Rear Tire:
- Maxxis Rekon / 2.6 / 60TPI Kevlar Bead/Tubeless Ready / EXO"
- Syncros Trail Fender
- Approx weights in KG:
- 14.60 (with tubes)
- Approx weights in LBS:
- 32.19 (with tubes)
- Max. System Weight:
- 128 kg/The overall weight includes the bike, the rider, the equipment, and possible additional luggage.