2023 Scott Spark 900 Ultimate BikeSCOTT
When you think of the perfect mountain bike, what comes to mind? For us, it's the Spark 900 Ultimate. Why, you ask? Well, beyond the fact that it is fast, lightweight and ultra capable on all sorts of terrain, it's just damned good lookin'. Short-travel trail bike? "Downcountry" rig? Occasional race bike? Whatever, call it what you want to call it. All we know is that this is one hell of a mountain bike.
- Spark Carbon HMX Frame
- FOX 34 Float Factory 130mm Fork
- FOX Nude 5T EVOL, TwinLoc, 120mm
- SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS 12 Speed
- Shimano XTR 4 Piston Disc Brakes
- Schwalbe Wicked Will Tires
With the proper selection of materials, eighty percent of the work to create a frame is done. But the remaining twenty percent requires most of our efforts. For this reason, our choice of the most advanced carbon fibers in the market is followed by intensive use of specific tools, like FEA (finite element analysis) software, to map out the carbon lay-up.
With FEA software, we can simulate different forces on a virtual model of the frame and adjust the frame construction accordingly. FEA software enables us to create complete virtual prototypes incorporating all the physical phenomena that exist in real-world environments.
With our Evo-Lap technology we model the frame to optimize the surface area, simulate tube structures with different ply orientations, observe the results of using different configurations, and test the stress distribution in different areas of the frame. Thanks to this extensive computer modeling, we’ve optimized the carbon layers in all the parts of our frame. When the parts were bonded together in the first prototypes, the result was a super light and compact frame without sacrificing the stiffness, comfort or impact resistance. The entire range benefitted from our Evo-Lap technology.
ADJUSTABLE HEAD ANGLE
With the new Spark, you can adjust the head angle by .6 degrees slacker or steeper. This can be done without cutting cables or bleeding brakes. All you must do is disassemble the bar, rotate the headset cups 180 degrees, and reassemble.
EASY SHOCK ACCESS
Accessing the shock via the bottom bracket area is facilitated through a hatch. This makes it easy to adjust rebound, compression, shock pressure, and for installing or replacing the cable for our TwinLoc Suspension System.
PATENTED INTEGRATED SUSPENSION SYSTEM
An integrated shock platform allows us to refine suspension characteristics without sacrificing weight. Often, when working with bikes at this level, the concept of marginal gains becomes an ever important one.
For the optimal performance of a suspension shock, power transfer must be the most direct possible. What we want to avoid are any inefficient directional movements, in other words, lateral movements (sideways to the direction of travel) as the shock goes through its compression.
Having an integrated shock allows us to improve this in several ways. Firstly, the frame construction around the shock and with the trunnion mount can be designed to be much more rigid, reducing movement and fostering more efficient power transfer. We can also add much larger bearings to the seat tube pivot, further reinforcing this area and reducing any unnecessary motion. Our integrated Suspension technology also helps us to engineer frames with a lower shock placement which lowers center of gravity. As a result, the bike benefits from better handling, and a more stable, confidence inspiring ride for the end user.
While these may seem like minor improvements individually, the sum of their parts results in more efficient shock performance. Additionally, the shock is fully protected from any foreign elements. Rainy race? No problem, your shock will continue to perform at its best regardless.
REAR AXLE TOOL
Our rear axle tool has been a staple on our bikes for years, it is now better than ever. It features a T25, T30 and a 6 allen key all in one. With these three options you can adjust all pivot hardware and nearly everything else there is to adjust on the bicycle.
SINGLE PIVOT SUSPENSION LAYOUT
A full suspension bike will never have success without, well, good suspension design. From the first time we rode the Sparks single pivot layout we fell in love. Years later, we still believe that for technical cross-country racing and fast, punchy singletrack it is the best approach. The Sparks suspension layout has a very specific and proven kinematic and less unsprung mass. Using a flex pivot in the seat stay is an ideal solution for bikes in this travel range. This allows us to keep a very lightweight system while still ensuring optimal suspension performance.
SYNCROS FRASER IC COMBO
The New Spark features an all-new Fraser iC combo from Syncros. Integrating the cables presents a number of unique problems and the Fraser was designed in part to address this. Syncross designers worked on the shape to allow the cables to flow under the bar and around the sides of the stem before disappearing into the headset with integrated plastic parts to keep it clean and efficient. This avoids bends or kinks in the cables and provides a minimalist front end. All our bars and stems feature multiple options for computer, light and camera mounts both on top or under the bar.
NUDE SUSPENSION TECHNOLOGY
Shocks with NUDE Technology have been intgral to SCOTT Full suspension bikes for nearly two decades. Working closely with our suspension partners, we continue to improve upon this technology so that whether you're racing World Cup's at the highest level or out for a big day in the mountains, you'll always have the best support on offer.
TWINLOC SUSPENSION SYSTEM
With TwinLoc, a rider can effectively control the complete frame, fork, and shock as a system. Why does this matter? A bike with 150mm of suspension travel, correctly set up, has more sag than a bike with 130mm. It's that extra travel that makes it more fun to ride and more capable on the descents, but the greater sag has an oversized effect on the bike's geometry and climbing performance. That's where TwinLoc matters.
TwinLoc helps manage the sag effect in several ways. Whereas most systems only increase low-speed compression in an effort to gain pedaling efficiency, TwinLoc allows us to not only change compression damping, but also to change the spring curve, dynamically altering the geometry of the bike. In Trail mode, the shock is not only firmer, but it has dynamically less travel. The bike sits higher, maintains a steep seat angle for those climbs, and becomes more agile. We also offer a third, full lockout mode for going up in the most efficient manner possible.
These unique settings optimize climbing geometry, even on longer travel bikes. We can eliminate the "long travel effect" that can rob your pedaling efficiency, but we're not robbing you of the full-fun, 150mm travel when you point it downhill. From a race setting, to a lunch ride, to an after work trail shred, being able to switch from mode to mode depending on a trails profile at the push of a lever is paramount to riding faster and having a damned good time.
- Spark Carbon HMX Integrated Suspension Technology Flex Pivot / Adjustable head angle Syncros Cable Integration System BB92 / UDH Interface / 12x148mm with 55mm Chainline
- FOX 34 Float Factory Air / Kashima FIT4 3-Modes with low Speed adj. / Kabolt 15x110mm axle / 44mm offset Tapered steerer / Lockout / Reb. Adj. 130mm travel
- Rear Shock:
- FOX NUDE 5T Factory EVOL Trunnion SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj. 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control-Descend Custom large Air volume / DPS / Kashima / Reb. Adj. Travel 120-80-Lockout / T165X45mm
- Remote System:
- SCOTT TwinLoc 2 Technology Suspension & Dropper Remote 3 Suspension modes
- Rear Derailleur:
- SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS 12 Speed Wireless Electronic Shift System
- SRAM Eagle AXS Rocker Controller
- SRAM XX1 Eagle Carbon crankarm DUB / 55mm CL / 32T
- SRAM DUB PF 92 MTB Wide / shell 41x92mm
- SRAM CN XX1 Eagle
- SRAM XX1 XG1299 / 10-52 T
- Shimano XTR M9120 4 Piston Disc
- Shimano RT-MT900 CL / F&R 180mm
- Syncros Fraser iC SL DC Carbon 0° rise / back sweep 8° / mini Rise / 760mm Syncros Performance XC lock-on grips
- FOX Transfer Factory Dropper Post Kashima 31.6mm / S size 125mm / M size 140mm / L size 150mm / XL size 150mm
- Syncros Tofino Regular 1.0 Carbon rails
- Syncros - Acros Angle adjust & Cable Routing HS System Stainless, +-0.6° head angle adjustment ZS56/28.6 - ZS56/40 MTB
- Syncros Silverton SL2-30 CL full Carbon F: 15x110mm, R: 12x148mm / 30mm Tubeless ready rim DT Swiss 240 Ratchet EXP 36 / XD Driver SRAM TyreWiz / Syncros SL Axle w/Removable Lever with 6mm Allen, T30 and T25 Tools
- Front Tire:
- Schwalbe Wicked Will 29x2.4 EVO Super Race / TLE / 67EPI / Addix Speed Soft"
- Rear Tire:
- Schwalbe Wicked Will 29x2.4 EVO Super Race / TLE / 67EPI / Addix Speed Grip"
- SRAM AXS Powerpack SRAM TyreWiz Syncros Fork Fender
- Syncros Eco Sealant Transport Axle
- Approx weights in KG:
- 10.9 (Tubeless setup)
- Approx weights in LBS:
- 24.03 (Tubeless setup)
- Max. System Weight:
- 128kg The overall weight includes the bike, the rider, the equipment, and possible additional luggage.